stop (plural stops)
- A (usually marked) place where line buses or trams halt to let passengers get on and off.
- They agreed to see each other at the bus stop.
- An action of stopping; interruption of travel.
- That stop was not planned.
- A device intended to block the path of a moving object; as, a door stop.
- (linguistics) A consonant sound in which the passage of air through the mouth is temporarily blocked by the lips, tongue, or glottis.
- A symbol used for purposes of punctuation and representing a pause or separating clauses, particularly a full stop, comma, colon or semicolon.
- Short for a stopper, used in the phrase "pull out all the stops".
- (tennis) A very short shot which touches the ground close behind the net and is intended to bounce as little as possible.
- (4) plosive
- (3,4): [[continue]], [[go]], [[move]], [[proceed]]
4 letters in word "stop": O P S T.
Anagrams of stop:
Words found within stop: